Dr. Yum will review your medical history and evaluate your unique needs, oral conditions and health. It will require a full one hour. We also often schedule a follow-up consultation to go over your current condition, dental needs and proposed treatment options.
Your 1st visit
Followings will be gathered at your initial visit:
- Your referral note and x rays (if applicable)
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Complete medical and dental history
- Oral cancer screening
- Update x-rays, if necessary
- Diagnostic impression of your both jaws
- Photography of your teeth, face and smiles
If you have recent x-rays from your dentist, you may request to forward them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken in our office. To avoid unnecessary radiation exposure to our patients, we will only request those radiographs necessary to ensure a quality of dental care. Additionally, our digital radiographs will allow us to take images at significantly (usually one-tenth of traditional radiographs) reduced.